With almost everything being available online, all small-scale and large-scale businesses are shifting their services to a digital platform with the means of either an eCommerce website or social media channels. This is one of the best ways to expand your business as the competition online comes with equal opportunities for everyone.
But, just creating a website doesn’t make the business successful. With so much competition, the digital marketing strategy for eCommerce websites matters more. It is opportunities considered, taken, and worked upon that make an eCommerce website successful.
But first, before diving into the digital marketing strategy for eCommerce website let’s know what does it exactly do.
WHAT IS AN E-COMMERCE WEBSITE?
Ecommerce or electronic commerce is a form of internet business that refers to trade deals and sales transactions taking place through the web. Any webpage where you can acquire things to be purchased from is considered to be a web-based business site.
WHY IS DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGY FOR ECOMMERCE WEBSITE IMPORTANT?
You can have multiple strategies to increase your business through the use of digital marketing. Now, you would think that this might be not important for well-known businesses. Well, it isn’t so. Digital business does depend upon your reputation but you somewhere have to start building up. Even, well-known businesses did so when they started. Here’s why is a digital marketing strategy so important:
- Impacts the buying decision of your customer: Your Digital marketing strategy for eCommerce website lets your customer decide to even visit your webpage, let alone make a purchase. It should be clear to your customers whatever services along with the products your offering them. The correct price range, category, estimated deliveries, web page loading time, easy access to the website, payment gateways, etc are a lot of convincing factors to change your visitors into customers.
- Reach to a million people at once: With the right strategy, it can help you reach a lot of people at once even globally. Internet is not restricted to only your area. Hence, your digital marketing strategy for eCommerce website makes your products available worldwide.
- Less expensive: Google has made everything easier today. Apart from the process of hiring a digital marketing agency, a bit of knowledge yourself can help you achieve major goals. It makes it less expensive too since you do not have to spend much and can work on it yourself.
- Helps you create a good brand image: The right digital marketing strategy for eCommerce website will make your reach increasing by each step. Since, you have better reach you will have more customers and hence, will build up a certain good image of your brand.
Practically, every shopping site is a business site and for it to grow and become successful with its reach, increase in customers or even sellers sometimes, it requires a proper digital marketing strategy for eCommerce website.
DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGY FOR ECOMMERCE WEBSITE
- SEO optimized Webpages: A very well search engine optimized website can help increase and boost your sales. This can be done through a good web developer. He/she works devotedly towards the website and makes sure to eliminate any errors or broken links and improving landing pages. With the help of an SEO specialist, you can define the content to be presented on the website. That might include any keywords, images, product descriptions, reviews, suggestions, etc.
- Flexible delivery options: People tend to abandon their carts if the payment and delivery options are limited and not suitable for them. This is the most important digital marketing strategy for eCommerce website to turn visitors into customers. People will order your products depending upon the fact in what time will the product reach them. Because, if the delivery option is more than 15 days, customers are not likely to buy the products at all. Hence, speedy delivery is necessary but also keeping cost efficiency in mind.
- Flexible payment gateways: People nowadays pay from multiple sources. Some prefer UPI bank transfers, some debit/credit cards, some UPI wallets, and the others cash on delivery. Hence, there are a variety of payment options that people prefer. You don’t want to lose customers due to this. Hence, prefer keeping as many payment options as possible for easy access to different types of customers. You can also create a wallet for your own website for example Flipkart has Flipkart super coins and Amazon has Amazon Pay.
- Email Marketing: Increase your email wishlists. Keep emailing your customers about any new products or product suggestions. It keeps them informed. Inform them about all the discounts available on the sites or any advertisements for products showcased on your webpage. Inform them about items in their cart, etc. This keeps them in the loop with what’s going on with your website and will somewhat increase your website traffic. Don’t make these too often, this will irritate the customers. Keep it minimal but efficient.
- Occasional Discounts: Who doesn’t love discounts? Yes, correct. Everybody loves discounts. So, offer discounts on the products that are negotiable for a certain period of time. This is a good digital marketing strategy for ecommerce website to increase your product sales. Choose festivals like Diwali, Holi, new year, Christmas etc. to offer huge discounts for a very short period of time so as to benefit both, you and the customers.
- Product Reviews: Ask your customers to review your products. With the help of a web designer, design a product review tab on every product. People tend to buy products if the reviews are extremely good or even just better. This makes them trust a bit in the seller and the product. Keep easy return policies as well on the products that are returnable. If returned or exchanged, the products will get fewer negative reviews or no reviews at all. Hence, customers can choose wisely for themselves.
- Smartphone friendly: Nowadays, everybody uses their mobile phones for any urgent or necessary things to purchase. Or even going before opening the laptop, the mobile phones are more accessible. Hence, try to keep your website smartphone-friendly so as to increase your audience. If your website is easily accessible, people tend to open it more often.
- Advertisements: Try different and as many as possible advertisement campaigns. Display ads on your website for new products. Use the same ads as a process of re-targeted advertisements where advertisements on different websites lead the customers to your website. Collaborate with multiple influencers to promote your products and services. Go for Facebook dynamic ads, they are very easy to set up. The way you advertise is a key feature of the digital marketing strategy for eCommerce website.
Internet business is a fast pace environment where you should always be ready with the next steps and keep yourself updated to make your business live. Digital marketing strategy for eCommerce website is equally necessary to keep in mind before you put yourself out in the market. The above-mentioned tips are the ones that you can’t miss. Hope they help your business thrive!